I love to bake, and I want to love to cook more. I want to challenge myself to know more and be even more comfortable in the kitchen. One of my favorite activities is to take a cooking class and learn tips and tricks to make life in my kitchen easier.
Here is what I would like to make this year:
- Meringue pie
- Homemade Ravioli
- Chinese food – sesame chicken, kaipow chicken, cashew chicken (one or more of these) – 2/6/16 – Made chicken salad rolls
Drunken Chicken 2/6/16: Recipe found here
- Go To Salad – that packs well for lunch -tried Asian chicken salad with ramen noodles (okay- dressing needs to be separate for work) 3-9-16 Mojito Shrimp Salad – very good 4/6/16
- Homemade S’mores (marshmallows & graham crackers)
- Can fruits or veggies
Break Down a chicken 3-28-16
- Coq au Vin
- Passion fruit tart or pie
- Shrimp Pad Thai
I promise to share recipes of those that I have tried, follow links and to take pictures in the future of some of my cooking adventures or misadventures whatever they may be.
I know it is almost May, but to accomplish my Eek List I knew I had to set some goals year by year to make them.
My goals for 2016 are:
- Walk 1000 miles this year (sub goal: participate in 2 5 K’s this year)
- Start or join a dinner club
- Save up enough for a down payment for a house (sub goal: keep track of all spending)
- Travel: See a natural wonder, go away for a girls weekend
- Cooking challenge list
- Take a Photography Class
- Grow my hair past my shoulder blades and Donate Hair
- Make a gratefulness scrapbook for this year
- Homemade Jelly (make and give)
- Make cards and a birthday calendar with addresses – send out 1 a month (at least)
- Adoption – find an agency and start process for adoption or foster care
- Start and keep up a prayer journal/calendar
I have been working more steadily on some then others and for some, walking 1000 miles specifically, I need a huge motivation kick in the butt.
So this is my no more excuses putting it out there for the world to see.
Wish me luck, and maybe ask how it’s going every now and again as that will help me to keep on going.